Skye Falling

Skye Falling

Sunday, January 25, 2015

Not writing? READ

Well, the January blues are in full effect.

It's snowing. It's cold. It's dark. Did I mention it's snowing?

This is prime reading season, writer people, for when you're not, uh, writing. Or, to put it like the hackers who changed the road sign in L.A. a few weeks ago -- "READ A F*CKING BOOK"

Here's what I've read so far in the last month or so:

Executive Orders by Tom Clancy - I thought this would be a reread but I somehow missed this one. The plotting is so complex (and timely with Ebola playing a starring role) with so many threads that ALL come together in the end. *bows down to the plot-master chanting we're not worthy*

Dark Places by Gillian Flynn - loveloveloved it. Better than Sharp Objects imho. Opening line one of the best I've read.

On Writing by Stephen King - nuff said. (I mean, he is the King)

The Darkest Touch by Gena Showalter - Torin's story didn't disappoint. Hot and funny.

The Book of Life by Deborah Harkness - the end of the trilogy. Okay, not awesome. I think the length of time from when I read the first two may have impacted my absorption into the story.

Water for Elephants  by Sara Gruen - this is a reread for me and is still one of my favs

Shadow Woman by Linda Howard - confusing, the last few chapters disappointing. Weird premise


Here's what left on my To Be Read pile

Written in My Own Heart's Blood by Diana Gabaldon - have been a fan of hers since I first read Outlander ten years ago then gobbled up the rest. Super excited about this one.

Hard To Come By by Laura Kaye - mmm, gotta be hot because it's Kaye. Loving the Hard Ink series

Archangel's Shadows by Nalina Singh - picked it up on a whim. Fingers crossed. It's archangels so already interesting to me



As you can see the TBR pile is pitifully small. Anyone have good recs? Cuz February isn't fit for man or beast, either.

WRITE ON READ ON

No comments:

Post a Comment